Patrick Moroney has over fifteen years experience both as an independent graphic designer and collaborator in studio environments. Now in Monmouth county New Jersey, he has been based in the greater NYC area since 2001. Patrick has worked with clients ranging from small businesses and non profits to major financial institutions. He is at his best when absorbed in the process of visualizing ideas and information that transforms them from commonplace to unique and effective.
Freelance Designer • Keyport, NJ • 2006–present
• Provide creative direction and design for brand identity and marketing communications including web sites, logos, brand guidelines, ad campaigns, infographics, annual reports, brochures, magazines, handbooks, event promotions, etc.
• Recent work includes projects for the North American Fleet Association, McKinsey Social Initiative, Indiana State University, American Civil Liberties Union, University of Oxford North America, Sprint, GrowNYC, New York Wines, Association of Art Museum Directors, San Francisco Arts Commission, Slow Food USA, and Telehouse America.
Senior Designer, Silver Communications • New York, NY • 2004–2006
• Collaborated with creative directors and copywriters to design capability and product brochures, web sites, brand identity, institutional collateral and advertising.
• Developed improved solutions for information design needs through statistical graphics and process diagrams, mainly for major financial institutions including Merrill Lynch and The Bank of New York.
Designer, Loren Associates • New York, NY • 2002–2004
• Created brochures, annual reports and corporate identity for the real estate, medical, and home decor industries.
• Initiated designs for several pitches that generated new business and launched a successful re-branding campaign for a client who would become a major source of revenue for the firm.
Designer, Winslow House • New York, NY • 2001–2002
• Assumed role of lead designer for a children’s book series that included collaboration with the author, typesetting, image research, illustration, and photography.
University of Cincinnati
College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
Bachelor of Science in Design, June 2001
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Website © Patrick M. Design